Forget about your businesses in-house server troubles. We can host and manage them! Benefits start with high availability, redundancy and 24/7 phone support.
- High availability clustering
- Co-located & redundancy complete with daily backup
- In a fully managed Tasmanian data centre
- Stay protected with anti-virus, anti-malware and anti-spam filter
- Supported by 24/7, IT-level phone support
What is a Hosted Server?
A Hosted server or VPS (Virtual Private Server) is an isolated server environment located on a single partitioned physical server. A VPS performs and executes exactly like a stand-alone server for its users and applications:
- Each VPS has its own processes, users, files and provides full administrative access
- Each VPS can have its own system configuration files and can house applications Each VPS can have its own versions of system libraries or modify existing ones
- Each VPS can have its own IP addresses, port numbers, tables, filtering and routing rules
What are the advantages of a VPS?
VPS gives you the features and functionality of a dedicated server without the cost of building and maintaining one. If you need to host unlimited domains, have complete control of your environment and run your own applications, then you will benefit from having a VPS. In addition, a VPS provides the ability to manage your dedicated environment directly through SSH or Remote Desktop Connection. In addition, you can add a control panel like Plesk to our Linux Base VPS, Linux Premium VPS and Linux Premium VPS + plans. The control panel enables the administrative user to perform actions to their VPS immediately, without having to contact support to have a technician complete any necessary requests.
How is a VPS different than shared hosting?
A VPS eliminates the restrictions of shared hosting by giving you the power and flexibility of a dedicated server with your own set of services and customizable disk space. Shared hosting is limited in comparison because its users do not have administrative access and software configurations cannot be customized, despite the fact that physical resources are also multiplexed. With a VPS, you can control your own unique file system and CGI-BIN, disk space, system resources, bandwidth and memory allotments.